Small Business Saturday
We’ve got over 150+ reasons for you to shop small this holiday season with our annual Shop Small Guide. For the 4th year in a row we’ve teamed up with Greenwich Village Alliance, The Meatpacking District , and NoHo BID to bring you a Shop Small Guide for Small Business Saturday on November 28. Take to the streets of the most charming neighborhoods in Manhattan and support your local businesses. From unique finds, coffee shops, mom + pops, to the local bodega, we’re here to remind you to get out and support local!
ART + CULTURE
- Artechouse – Innovative digital art space dedicated to 21st century artists and audience. Curating interactive + immersive art exhibitions.
- CSTM Haus – Sits on the 4th floor of the “little flatiron building,” and is designed to host daytime brand events and private seated dinners alike.
- Fort Gansevoort – Fort Gansevoort is a cultural hub for art and design founded by curator Adam Shopkorn.
- Ivy Brown Gallery – Founded in 2001 the Ivy Brown Gallery represents and exhibits contemporary art of all mediums. Dedicated to supporting emerging and established artists, Ivy Brown takes her experience from the commercial arts world and brings it to the fine arts arena.
- Triangle Loft – An exclusively inclusive event space where urban meets modern.
Greenwich Village Chelsea Chamber of Commerce
- Blender Workspace – Blender is a leading luxury workspace and private event space.
- Escape Virtuality – Escape Virtuality provides one of the best entertainment in NY ranging from various VR experiences to escape room activities.
- GALLERIA CA’ D’ORO – Galleria Ca’ d’Oro is an international contemporary art gallery curated and organized by Gloria Porcella. The gallery was founded in Rome by Antonio Porcella in 1970, and currently has three locations in Rome, Miami, and New York City.
- JoAnne Artman Gallery – Vibrant and eclectic exhibitions by award-winning artists in Laguna Beach, CA and New York, NY.
- The Practice Room – A friendly music school for all ages, offering in-person and remote private lessons, preschool music, camps, and ensembles.
- Angelika – A truly beloved arthouse cinema, Angelika is an indie film stalwart that shows lesser known titles.
- Arcadia Earth – This is a breathtaking environmental experience that inspires us to do better, and sells eco-friendly products in their market.
- Dienst + Dotter – An independent gallery specializing in Scandinavian art and antiques from the 17th century to the present.
FOOD + DRINK
- Ample Hills– Ice cream made in Brooklyn, from scratch and by hand.
- Banter – Cozy cafe with a patio featuring elevated, health-conscious fare, plus espresso & select cocktails.
- Best Burger – Best Burgers + Best Cocktails located on Little W 12th Street.
- Brass Monkey – The OG of Meatpacking, pub with an extensive beer selection + a roof deck.
- Coarse – Creative tasting menus of raw & low-heat dishes paired with wine in a hip, sophisticated space.
- Chelsea Market – A collection of small business vendors in one marketplace. Support small business owners when you visit the market and eat delicious cuisine from all over the world or head down to Chelsea Local for the collection of some of the best mom and pop grocers in New York.
- Feast on Us – Catering and a daily rotating takeout menu of sandwiches, entrees, salads, sides, desserts, beverages, salad bar, coffee and teas. Read more about owner Ibrahim Eldomyati.
- Gasoline Alley Coffee – A compact coffee shop that serves brews from Intelligentsia alongside a menu of simple and uncomplicated options.
- Hao Noodle – Modern, authentic, fine-casual Chinese.
- Kava Cafe – European style espresso bar featuring espresso drinks, coffee, tea, beer, wine, and cocktails.
- Kobrick Coffee – Hand-roasted in Small Batches by Four Generations of Kobricks served at 24 Ninth Ave.
- Old Homestead Steakhouse – Serving the finest cuts of beef in NYC since 1868.
- Sandbar on Hudson – Restaurant serving seafood + cocktails.
- Simo Pizza – Fast-casual pizzeria bringing New Yorkers to Napoli in 90 seconds.
- Terremoto Coffee – Single-source, fair-trade coffee made in a gold-plated machine, plus French pastries in a snug spot. Fun Fact: You can often catch jazz show at Terremoto’s patio.
- Three Owls Market – Modern deli + marketplace: the best prepared foods + sandwiches, wine, coffee, roast chicken, epic pastries, and groceries. Read more about owner Suzanne Dumaine.
Greenwich Village Chelsea Chamber of Commerce
- Bantam Bagels – NYC Original Mini stuffed bagels.
- Cafe Grumpy – Found in 2005, this independently owned and managed company serves great tasting specialty coffee to everyone in a welcoming environment.
- Counter & Bodega Inc – Counter & Bodega is a Latin American restaurant specializing in unique small plates and platters.
- Fonda – A Mexican restaurant with great interior and exterior space.
- Lasagna Chelsea Restaurant – An Italian restaurant founded with the passion for serving authentic Italian food with traditional recipes.
- Merriweather Coffee + Kitchen – Highly-trained, talented and passionate baristas sample coffees and carefully adjust the brewing parameters.
- Mille-feuille Bakery Cafe – At Mille-feuille Bakery, you can enjoy authentic French pastries, and you only have to walk a few blocks from the subway line to get them.
- Pastai – A pasta bar in Chelsea taking pride in Southern Italian countryside cooking.
- Peter McManus Cafe – A great neighborhood vibe that appeals to the masses, and the cheapest prices for drinks in Chelsea creates a great value!
- Qanoon restaurant – Modern Middle Eastern cuisine inspired by memories and flavors from Palestine.
- Taïm Mediterranean Kitchen – Taïm serves award winning, fresh, made from scratch and customizable Mediterranean fare from the finest quality spices, herbs and produce.
- The Chelsea Bell – A newly renovated bar with vintage elements and eclectic décor.
- The Uncommons – Manhattan’s first board game cafe, featuring a thousand games to play and to buy, a wide range of beer, and locally-roasted coffee/espresso.
- Springbone Kitchen – Springbone kitchen offers fast, gluten-free food as well as soup.
- Villanelle – Villanelle brings the bounty of the countryside to the city.
- 8th Street Wine Cellar – 8th Street Wine Cellar provides a naturally private hideaway for the warm and intimate atmosphere that lends itself perfectly for a comfortable and cozy spot to enjoy some wonderful boutique wines and small plates of cheeses, meats, oysters, or even pig’s in blankets from the globally inspired menu.
- Amelie – Amélie wine bar has become one of the most successful wine bars in the city, attracting an eclectic crowd of people every night of the week.
- Analogue – Analogue features elegant cocktails with an extensive collection of great bourbons and scotches and an extensive wine and beer selection.
- Arts & Crafts Beer Parlor – Arts and Crafts Beer Parlor is the antithesis of a sports bar; rather, it is an extension of your living room, a place to entertain guests with quality conversation in a warm atmosphere over a pint of great American Craft Beer or a glass of fine wine.
- Blossom on University – Blossom is a vegan restaurant group in New York City that was established to creatively bring vegan dining to a fresh, new and delicious level.
- Culture: An American Yogurt Co. – Culture’s goal is to bring you fresh yogurt with unbelievable artisanal toppings in a way that will provide you with an unforgettably delightful and healthy experience.
- Eva’s Restaurant – Eva’s is a health food restaurant specializing in organic Mediterranean cooking ; vegetarians and protein lovers alike will love the delicious selection of healthy dishes such as their excellent hummus or babaganoush platters, homemade falafel, baked tofu, and broccoli pizza or their stuffed grape leaves.
- La Contenta Oeste – Upscale authentic Mexican restaurant with French accents.
- La Panineria – An authentic panini bar with a taste of Italy in every bite serving coffee.
- Lena – Sip organic coffee and munch on traditional French pasties by day at Cafe Léna. Return to the 8th Street staple after 5 PM for delicious wines and entrees straight from France.
- Newsbar – Explore wide selection of dishes. They serve hot and cold sandwiches, wraps, salad, soup, and a variety of iced drinks.
- Olio e Piu – Olio Pizza e Piu brings the West Village an authentic Neapolitan trattoria and enoteca.
- South of the Clouds – Featuring classic Yunnan Rice Noodles in a modern setting. The carefully-curated menu serves only the most essential Yunnan dishes, each representing a unique taste of Youngness cuisine.
- Wicked Jane – 8th Street’s newest fine dining establishment brings a modern spin to traditional American cuisine.
- Famous Cozy Soup ‘n’ Burger – An iconic NYC diner, Cozy’s was making incredible burgers before they were cool, and serves up a huge menu of delicious fare.
- Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria – More than just a restaurant, this NoHo hotspot doubles up as a market for artisanal Italian fare and house made meats and cheeses.
- Little Atlas Cafe – This vegan-friendly hole in the wall is one of NoHo’s best kept secrets, with a big menu of simple breakfast and lunch fare.
- Misirizzi – This small neighborhood Italian hotspot is helmed by a team of Italian chefs and offers incredible fare.
- NoHo Juice Bar – Tucked away on a quiet NoHo block, NoHo Juice Bar serves up healthy food and hearty Egyptian fare.
- Snack Bowery – A NoHo newcomer, Snack Bowery is the best place in the neighborhood to grab unique, artisan snacks sourced from around the world.
- Spring Cafe – A new business, Spring Cafe offers light, vegetarian cafe fare – make sure to try their iconic banana bread!
- Think Coffee – For almost twenty years, Think Coffee has served up fantastic, house roasted beans and been investing in coffee farmers and their communities around the world.
- Banchet Flowers – Inspired by a childhood in Thailand and the cultural energy of New York City, Banchet has created a visual vocabulary unmatched in the floral industry. Working with growers in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America provide a variety and quantity of flowers not found elsewhere in New York.
- Beasty Feast – Independently owned pet food retailer in NYC, offering a large selection of healthy pet foods and modern supplies.
- Caserta Eye – Trendy eyewear boutique specialized in vintage and current brands.
- La Belle Epoque – New to Meatpacking! This shop has a wide collection of vintage posters and framing from the Belle Epoque through Modern Times, 1880’s – 1990’s.
- Little West Wine + Spirits – A boutique shop that carries a handpicked selection of biodynamic, organic, and sustainable wines & spirits.
- Lucky Selectism – Lucky Selectism is a family business that started with its own eyewear manufacturing plant and is delivering quality glasses with a more dynamic design
- Reinstein Ross – Goldsmiths specializing in hand-crafted fine jewelry.
- Soapology – Boutique of Bath, Body Care, molded by the love, wisdom, and craftsmanship of the old-world apothecaries using all-natural, good-for-you ingredients.
- Stephen F – Everyday luxury for men, limited run pieces.
- t.a. – A contemporary concept store that carries women’s clothing sourced from Tbilisi, London, Paris, Peru, Milan, South Korea, LA, New York and more. Learn more about t.a.’s owner Telsha Anderson-Boone.
- Tiziano Zarzan – A private and limited run women’s and men’s collection designed in New York and made in Italy.
- two:minds – An inclusive men’s and women’s luxury concept born in the midst of the pandemic with a goal of rebuilding NYC’s fashion footprint while supporting the surrounding community.
Greenwich Village Chelsea Chamber of Commerce
- 192 Books – Local book store located in Chelsea.
- Blick Art Materials 23rd Street – A popular art materials store located around the city.
- Fireplace409 – Fireplace is a concept store for one-of-a-kind art and indie fashion started by owners, Emily Bogner & Alex Adams.
- Garber Hardware – Family owned since 1884, Garber Hardware is one of the longest-running sole proprietorship with a wide range of products such as tools, paints and painting supplies.
- Il Bisonte – An Italian leather brand founded in 1974.
- INA – Vintage Retail clothing and consignment.
- Kismet West Village – Kismet is a neighborhood store that features sample sale apparel and accessories sourced by The Sampler NYC.
- Landmark Wine & Spirits, Inc. – Landmark Wine & Spirits + Minoru’s Sake Shop are two parts of an independent, local retailer of wine, sake and spirits.
- O’Sullivan Antiques – For 28 years, with galleries in New York and Dublin, O’Sullivan Antiques has specialized in the finest Georgian and Regency furniture from Ireland and England.
- Sohung Designs – Sohung Designs offers unique and one of a kind clothing for men and women.
- Tarin Thomas – Tarin offers semi-precious and precious gemstones and metal combinations for both men and women.
- Warehouse Wines & Spirits – Warehouse Wines and Spirits, has been a destination for all wine and liquor lovers since 1974.
- West Village Knit And Needle – A local knitting store with various supplies and accessories.
- Agata + Valentina – Artisan Italian grocery equipped with homemade pasta, fresh produce and ready to eat meals.
- B+S Zeeman – A family owned and operated wine retailer since 1933, specializing in wines from around the globe.
- Dainobu – Japanese deli and grocery with a wide variety of both specialty and prepared foods from across Asia.
- Goods For The Study – From the same team that brought you McNally Jackson Bookstore, this is a thoughtfully curated stationery store complete with everything to make your home office one of a kind.
- Jewels Parlor – Previously known as Jewels 32, offering professional piercing with a large selection of fine body jewelry.
- Some Good Wine – Wine and craft spirits store located in the heart of Greenwich Village and you can even shop for bottles of wine by country.
- St. Marks Wine & Liquor – Located in the heart of the East Village, St. Marks Wine and Liquor serves the community with specialty selected wines and spirits, offering a wide variety of wine, including organic and biodynamic wines, as well as spirits that are crafted right here in New York City and the tri-state region.
- Taj Jewelry – Carefully curated vintage jewelry shop offering repairs and cleanings.
- University Floral Design – A family owned and operated business since 1928, University Floral Design offers an expansive array of floral arrangements to suit any occasion.
- Village Party Store – Shop for all your party needs from decorations to balloons to tableware at the Village Party Store!
- Village Vinter Wine + Liquor – Wine purveyor located on 6th Avenue with a unique, antique feel.
- Wagwear – Wagwear offers puppy chic clothing and accessories in the latest colors with fully-functional details and overall classic design one might find on the beaches of Martha’s Vineyard or the streets of New York City.
- Waverly Wines & Spirits – This longtime wine & spirits shop offers a diverse bottle selection.
- Bond 07 by Selima – Selima Salaun is an eyewear legend, and in this Bond Street boutique she sells vintage designer clothing and homewears, plus her iconic glasses.
- Eyes on Broadway – For more than twenty years, Eyes on Broadway has been a beloved neighborhood spot for all things optical.
- Happy Paws – One of the only independent pet shops in Lower Manhattan, Happy Paws has a huge selection of pet products and offers services like grooming and doggy daycare.
- Heywear – A new concept, Heywear offers affordable, transparent eye care with a small but sophisticated selection of framed made onsite.
- Jill Platner – NoHo jeweler Jill Platner creates stunning and simple pieces and sells them right here in the neighborhood.
- Laced Up – Buy and sell sneakers and other streetwear at this exciting new neighborhood store.
- Mercer Books and Records – A haven for all kinds of literature, walking into this sagging-shelf bookstore ensures you’ll find a rare, uncommon, or unique book that you never knew you needed.
- Michael Andrews Bespoke – In one of NoHo’s alleyways, you’ll find this bespoke tailor shop, which offers a full-roster of men and women’s clothing, all one-of-a-kind.
- ROOQ – A beloved, old-school frame shop, ROOQ offers custom framing at an affordable price.
- Shapiro Hardware – Shapiro Hardware is a neighborhood treasure, offering up basic items and friendly service.
- The Evolution Store – All things creepy and crawly can be encountered at this truly one-of-a-kind shop that features gems, taxidermy, and so much more.
- Warehouse Wines and Spirits – This sprawling space is home to a constantly changing array of wines, liquors, and so much more – every visit you’ll encounter new delights to try.
- Gina Le Salon – An independently run woman-owned hair salon.
- K & S Salon – Expert salon services, with fashion forward celebrity stylists
- Liftonic – A fresh alternative in a fitness world dominated by high intensity cardio based workouts.
- Martial Vivot – 1st men’s salon in NYC with world-renowned stylists.
- West Village Vet – Veterinary Hospital that has proudly been serving pets and pet owners in New York with superior veterinary care since 1979.
Greenwich Village Chelsea Chamber of Commerce
- Chelsea Dental – Chelsea Dental provides the most technologically advanced dental treatment in a comfortable relaxing environment while making it affordable.
- Feeling Great Cleansing at Vibrant Spirit Quest – Cher Elyse Carden is a colon therapist, intuitive reader, wellness educator, artist and singer. With a diverse history of study in many subjects from fine arts to colon therapy to various forms of personal development; she offers health seekers a variety of services. This unique background affords her the ability to offer a multifaceted and creative approach to helping clients with various concerns.
- Integral Yoga Institute New York – Integral Yoga Institute offers over 100 weekly hatha yoga classes for all, from beginner to advanced, as well as prenatal/postpartum, gentle, restorative, and HIV classes, group meditation practices, and spiritual study groups. IYI’s teacher training program is one of the most renowned in the world, with trainings in beginners, intermediate, advanced, prenatal/postpartum, gentle, children’s, special needs children, and yoga therapy.
- New London Pharmacy – New London Pharmacy provides maximum health-care benefits through traditional medical services, homeopathy, and natural remedies or a combination of all three.
- Vidov West – Nestled in the heart of the West Village, The Vidov Salon is an extension of the neighborhood itself, offering a sophisticated yet welcoming setting.
- 8th Street Pets – Pamper your pup at 8th Street Pets!
- Ansonia Pharmacy – Ansonia carries a careful selection of high quality bath & beauty products in addition to all common pharmacy products.
- Barre3 – Combining the best of ballet, yoga and pilates, Barre 3 workouts focus on a unique combination of dynamic movement and isometric holds.
- Broadway Apothecary – An independent pharmacy founded by a group of like-minded individuals with decades of experience in the pharmacy sector bringing ease to prescription fillings and selecting wellness product.
- C.O. Bigelow Chemists – C.O. Bigelow has remained true to its traditions, family-owned and operated since 1838, transporting customers to a time and place of personalized attention and customized formulas.
- Devonshire Optical – Charmingly-curated eyewear purveyor.
- Eva’s Supplements – Eva’s Supplements and vitamins with same day delivery within NYC, storefront located in rear of Eva’s Restaurant at 11 W. 8th Street.
- Karine Kazarian – Working exclusively with the Biologique Recherche line of cosmetic products, Karine will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- LaVaan Dental Spa – LaVaan is a spa for your teeth, get your cleaning and whitening needs fulfilled without the threat of a traditional dentist’s office.
- Lifethyme Natural Market – A natural foods grocer with a large selection of wellness and beauty supplies.
- Matono Salon – Matono Salon is committed to providing the highest service to their customers, in a beautiful and elegant space.
- New Vibe Yoga – New Vibe Yoga provides a welcoming and safe space to newcomers interested in Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga practices.
- Nimble Fitness – A popular personal training gym offering a wide range of custom programs from corrective exercise to elite performance, including New York City’s premier TRX training facility.
- Professional Threading Studio – A professional threading studio that offers a wide variety of services including threading, waxing, henna tattoo, lash extensions and more.
- Salon V – Founded in 2004, this stylish hair salon recently relocated to a chic and airy loft space on 8th Street.
- Vada Spa – Popular salon with full menu of services; offering laser hair removal, waxing, hair and salon services, massage, skin care and more.
- ORA – Acupuncture and wellness is key to whole body health, and this NoHo studio is an escape from the city.
- Suite 303 – April Barton is known as a hairdresser to the stars, and from her NoHo studio you can schedule a glamorous cut.
- Racked Stretch – Stretching is important for all of us, and the experts at Racked Stretch will help stretch out all your muscle ailments.
- Work Train Fight – A sprawling, beloved NoHo boxing gym famous for the fight nights, Work Train Fight is an old school institution with classes, training, and more.